Welcome to MySmall.Horse
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
  • advertisement_alt

S7 E3 A Flurry of Emotions

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I... still dont like flurry heart... 

The episode was pretty nice though, I liked seeing development of the family structure and we always need more Cheerilee. They could have spent less time setting up and playing out all the errands and spent that time on Cadence and Shining Armor so their roles could be less awkward. Although I generally think the less time Flurry spends on screen the better, I will admit that there were a couple cute moments. 

Posted

I like the fanon for Flurry more than the character herself, though I still get laughs by refering to her as some sort of satan-spawn magical abomination-child like that in The Omen or something. The guard stallion running the art gallery was hilarious, and continues the tradition of most guards being adorable, mostly-useless dorks.

Posted

I found the episode adorable... for several reasons.

I liked that Flurry was basically a baby with magical abilities that weren't just massively overpowered plot devices... sure, she flew, she teleported and levitated a bunch of stuff, but honestly it wasn't much more powerful than the combined antics of the cake twins.

This pleased me as they basically managed to have a trouble causing baby without it being... well, overdone? They never, to me at least, went too far with any one antic or individual problem and when it all came to a head, the issue was resolved in just the right amount of time. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the episode managed to have excellent pacing for what could have been cringingly annoying if done poorly.

I also adored the quieter moment of Shining and Cadance... as well as the whole chain of art jokes.

My only complaint with this episode was Twilight herself... perhaps it was intentional, but this was almost a regression... she was more like Twilight from season 1 and 2, rather than what she was becoming... though given I become an oversized five year old around my own niece and nephew and spoil them rotten it might just be a side effect of the baby.

I think what's somewhat needed is for things to come across as normal... with the recent slice of life episodes, just having ponies living out their days is a good thing... it fleshes things out and showing Twilight and her niece having a relatively mundane crisis is a good way to do that.