Welcome to MySmall.Horse
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Electromagnetic stimulation of the brain! [MAD SCIENCE]

9 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I had this idea, a lot of hypnosis files use bi-neural beats in them and there is a lot of evidence that it works. I got the wild idea of what would happen if one used the same waveforms and frequencies but used electromagnetic radiation instead of sound!

So I did some looking through research and Google dorking, apparently this is already a thing: http://www.magstim.com/

There is a lot of research being done but it seems to be effective against depression, anxiety, PTSD and a host of other mental problems!

There were no counter indications, no reports of side effects, and the apparatus is simple enough.

I decided to build my own DIY magstim device! The Electric Fedora

Really its just a battery for power, a signal generator attached to an amplifier attached to an antenna inside a hat.

Unfortunately my signal generator broke during assembly but another has been ordered!

I will keep you all updated!

jBoC3ma.jpgWOOGpnA.jpg

Posted

I got the last part I need! Experimentation will begin TONIGHT!

Posted

First test was marginally successful. We detected the sine wave magnetic output but the energy levels were very low. Going to wire in an amplifier next!

Pics from the experiment.

Pictured in the experiment is my room mate, the brave explorer who more or less "volunteered" to be the first test subject.

Lb7XVCG.jpg

OMtIsbB.jpg

Posted

The electric Fedora that brings you euphoria?

TW8NbLxzIq35.jpg

Posted

I could use this for..never mind...

Posted

The electric Fedora that brings you euphoria?

TW8NbLxzIq35.jpg

Yes, exactly!

UPDATE

We're constructing more powerful antennas and acquiring a needed wire. Next test in about one week.

Posted

We have constructed the apparatus. The new antenna is functioning well. We experienced no immediate effects but it was a very short duration test.

kRVtqIq.jpgPS6iFnc.jpg

Posted

First wave of proper testing is going on now!

We have confirmed the output and are awaiting results!

Posted

I'm actually curious how this will unfold. I know that there are electric  stimulation devices for the like, specifically Alpha-Stim 100, but I wasn't aware of magnetic stimulation having similar effects