Welcome to MySmall.Horse
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Music Legend David Bowie Dies at 69

7 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35278872

"Singer David Bowie has died at the age of 69 following a battle with cancer."

This news really hits me hard. I've been a fan of David Bowie's music for years, but his persona and impact on culture in general cannot be understated. He was truly an original, one of a kind person, and I'm certainly not going to be the only one who'll miss him.

What impact did David Bowie have on your lives? I believe the first song of his I remember hearing was I'm Deranged, in the David Lynch movie Lost Highway, and his tunes populate the music I find enthralling, inspiring, or atmospheric even today.

Posted

Feels so sudden, I was just thinking of Bowie not too recently, and now he's passed. He had pretty damn good music (Modern Love is probably one of my favorites) and was a pretty unique personality

Also Worlds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRP_94m4Kl0

Posted

Oh God... the last song I listened to from him was Valentine's Day... a few hours before this post was made. Rest in peace, David Bowie.

Posted

I am so happy to see someone else posted this, I was about too... David's music and movies were the top theme of my actual childhood. I remember watching the Labyrinth and thinking he was such a bad ass! I had a crush on him in that movie, his hair was flawless! It wasn't hair, it was a powerful mane like that of a lion's. And his song Space Oddity was pretty much the theme to every space launch ever!!!

Rest in peace Goblin King. May you continue to inspire millions and warm the hearts of billions.

Jareth juggle.gif

Posted

Didn't he just release a new album?

RIP : (

Posted

Didn't he just release a new album?

RIP : (

He did recently, called Blackstar. I haven't listened to it myself.

Posted

He put on his red shoes and Danced the Blues....one last time. May the man now rest in peace, after working with so many legends in Rock and Roll, and being one in his own right. He inspired so many, and is deserving of his place in Rock and Roll Glory.