Welcome to MySmall.Horse
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duskbat's Anime Recommendation and Dicussion Thread

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, Ever watched anime? Well you are in for something special now! This is Dusk bat's Thread of all things anime and shows i highly recommend that are my favorites currently, If you want to suggest an Anime tell a brief description about it and link maybe a video or picture otherwise you can talk about it, try to avoid major spoilers to be kind to people!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a Stylish show that tells the story of the Joestar Bloodline throughout the ages, The Manga has about 8 Parts each with their own title and a new Jojo so far there is only 3 parts were animated with a 4th confirmed for production, The First Part is called "Phantom Blood" Starting Jonathan Joestar as he struggles to be a true gentleman and fight Vampires in 1880 England, The 2nd Part is called "Battle Tendency" which features Joseph Joestar in 1938 America which ancient beings awaken from stone pillars in a attempt to become immortal, The 3rd Part is called "Stardust Crusaders" (Which is the opening you see now) Featuring Jotaro Kujo who awakens to a Spiritual Power called a "Stand" While a figure from The Joestar's Past returns which leads Jotaro and his friends on a trip across the world to defeat this evil before it's too late, Meanwhile Other stand users are attempting to hunt Jojo and their friends down and kill them before they reach their destination. That's all the parts atm but this show does a great job showing off other cultures and being brilliant and funny, Each Jojo is different and have a great personality to explore along with their own story Jonathan Joestar is a true gentleman with Honor while Joseph is a brillant trickster mastering sleight of hand techniques always having a trick up his sleeve, Jotaro is a quiet and stoic young man pretty much just a Troublemaker but with a heart of gold.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is definitely worth a Watch starting from Phantom Blood and watching til Stardust Crusaders just to see how everything unfolds, It has Adventure, Some Sun Tzu tactics from some of the Jojo's and some good humor. (also some bad English happens it's hilarious)

Also i just found a Trailer for Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable so i edited this post to include it

One Punch Man

One Punch Man is essentially a Comedy where you follow a Super Hero name Saitama who is "Just a hero as a hobby." Who is the strongest man on earth who can defeat any monster or foe in One Punch, The anime follows Saitama as he fights monsters interrupting his daily life and underestimate him. Most of the animation is goofy and serious at the same time and is absolutely gorgeous to look at along with Saitama's reactions are pretty great towards his foes (even if you can even call them that) Regardless absolute fun and hilariousness.

That's all i recommend for now! Totally recommend or talk about more :D

Posted

Owari no Seraph/Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign

Now I know what you're thinking - oh god, another vampire anime. Vampires in anime seem to be slightly overdone and quite frankly, often times they're just not done that well. I'm looking at you, Black Butler and Hellsing. But moving on, this is honestly an amazing anime, and there's not really a whole lot I can say without spoiling things. 

(SLIGHT SPOILERS IN THE INTRO)

owari_no_seraph_wallpaper_anime_by_corphish2-d8nqp2t.jpg

Posted

I'd stick my recommendation for Monster Musume, or "Daily Life With Monster Girls". it's a cute, (quite lewd but not a hentai) slice of life anime of a single man living with monster girls who find their way into his life, such as lamia, slime girl, and centaur. The premise is that all these girls of very different personalities and backgrounds end up living with him due to the inter-species exchange bill being passed in Japan. After living in secret from humanity, the other species are allowed to live  the humans, with a few rules, such as any human/monster who harm each other get deported or jailed, depending on scenario. (harming includes popping of the cherry~) After a little while, his inter-species coordinator decides to experiment, and tell him he must chose a girl to marry, and of course, the very passionate ladies argue and fight over him.

The first season of the show recently finished airing in September, though the manga has been a thing since 2012.

At the moment there are no dubs for the show, just subtitles. 

EsbZ5S6.png

Posted

Haha One Punch Man is such a great anime.

Also, Full Metal Alchemist, or as I like to say, Alchebruh. I watched the old one and throughly enjoyed it and some of the newer one. Also Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul are great animes!

Especially Tokyo Ghoul.

latest?cb=20140905123044

Posted

Another Recommendation that i value very high on my Anime List 

Cowboy Bebop

Cowboy Bebop is a Show that even people that don't like Anime Love, It takes place in a Realistic Future with a band of Misfit Bounty Hunters just trying to make ends meet to put food on the table, Each Episode is called a "Session" and has huge jazz influences, It's absolutely charming and the character chemistry is amazing, Each Episode is a different story that helps build the Universe of Cowboy Bebop it's Fun, Action packed with a good amount of hilarious stuff added in, Although the series is short it's very memorable and even spawned a movie (Fun Fact each episode was treated like it's own movie) So Follow Spike, Jet, Fey, Ed and Ein on their space bounty hunting adventure if you aren't impressed here is a clip from the movie, Also the English dub is pretty amaze :D

Posted

For those weird people like me who like stupid, over the top, and really bad anime, there's Mad Bull 34, a crime detective show that's... ridiculous, dumb and thoroughly enjoyable.

Posted

For those weird people like me who like stupid, over the top, and really bad anime, there's Mad Bull 34, a crime detective show that's... ridiculous, dumb and thoroughly enjoyable.

Posted

I'm not the biggest anime fan, but out of the few that I have watched, one I can recommend is Black Butler. It takes place in Victorian England and follows a young, rich lord named Ciel Phantomhive and his demon butler Sebastian. It's definitely compelling and interesting enough to want to make you keep clicking the next episode button, despite the fact that you have responsibilities in the morning.

Ciel-and-Sebastain-black-butler-31993709

Posted

I'd stick my recommendation for Monster Musume, or "Daily Life With Monster Girls". it's a cute, (quite lewd but not a hentai) slice of life anime of a single man living with monster girls who find their way into his life, such as lamia, slime girl, and centaur. The premise is that all these girls of very different personalities and backgrounds end up living with him due to the inter-species exchange bill being passed in Japan. After living in secret from humanity, the other species are allowed to live  the humans, with a few rules, such as any human/monster who harm each other get deported or jailed, depending on scenario. (harming includes popping of the cherry~) After a little while, his inter-species coordinator decides to experiment, and tell him he must chose a girl to marry, and of course, the very passionate ladies argue and fight over him.

The first season of the show recently finished airing in September, though the manga has been a thing since 2012.

At the moment there are no dubs for the show, just subtitles. 

EsbZ5S6.png

toss in rosario vampire in there too!

Posted

I would definitely recommend Super Dimension Fortress Macross (Not Robotech), Macross plus (especially if you like Cowboy bebop) and Macross 7. Of course, because Harmony gold is evil and stops any attempt at Macross landing in the west un-bastardized (Macross plus was lucky and SDF Macross got lucky eventually, but Macross 7 is forever never going to be officially distributed outside Japan), you're going to have to torrent them from some place like Bakabt or something. Still definitely reccomended, especially if you like Bebop.

And of course mandatory Akira, Evangelion and Azumanga Daioh mention.

Posted

Kinda sad no one mentioned the best anime, which is obviously Initial D. 

Go fast, sideways, while blaring only the finest late 90's eurobeat. It's also the only anime I've actually watched, so that too.

initiur_dee.thumb.jpg.5890301fef730f611f

Posted

Kinda sad no one mentioned the best anime, which is obviously Initial D. 

Go fast, sideways, while blaring only the finest late 90's eurobeat. It's also the only anime I've actually watched, so that too.

initiur_dee.thumb.jpg.5890301fef730f611f

I really should, since I've played about 2 of the arcade games (the 4th one and the 7th one)