Welcome to MySmall.Horse
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proposing Rule: No Racism, Sexism or other Discrimination within Chat

Pass?   28 votes

1. 1. Pass?

• Yay
    • Nay

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

Posted

A hot topic for many, discrimination can be found all over the internet. All of us are guilty of having discriminated at some point, and most if not all people still do. Whether it be the color of your skin, where you live, your gender, or your opinions, you need to be mature in such a public, fast-paced nature as our chatroom. I'm somewhat surprised this isn't already a rule. One member was banned for it in the past, so why isn't it in the rules? I propose that, within reasonable acceptable boundaries, such as accidentally offending someone, it should be outlawed. If you are continuously making jokes at the expense of a group of people, you need to be punished. If you are targeting a chat member by being offensive towards a group they associate with, you need to be punished. We're all adults here, so we need to act like adults. Not like bickering children, not like we're making some bad Youtube comment, like adults.

Posted

If you're going to discriminate do it on your own chats, in your own social circles, but not in a social place that's meant to be welcoming to newcomers and regulars alike, of all creeds.

Posted

I am disappointed that this needs to be a rule at all. :/

Posted

please consider: A lot of fetishes revolve around degradation and worse. Although you may not hold those fetishes other do.

I won't ask anyone to follow a rule I myself can't follow, so I vote no on instating this rule into the chat. This is far too broad and you need to narrow it down, because this rule can be stupidly abused to go after a fetish someone doesn't like "ie, calling someone a stupid mare, spitting in her face and using some racial slurs."

Might upset some people. Will upset others. And for other people that's how they say hello because that's their fetish.

Please consider this when casting your vote.

Posted

please consider: A lot of fetishes revolve around degradation and worse. Although you may not hold those fetishes other do.

I won't ask anyone to follow a rule I myself can't follow, so I vote no on instating this rule into the chat. This is far too broad and you need to narrow it down, because this rule can be stupidly abused to go after a fetish someone doesn't like "ie, calling someone a stupid mare, spitting in her face and using some racial slurs."

Might upset some people. Will upset others. And for other people that's how they say hello because that's their fetish.

This is indeed a valid point, as someone who has an assortment of those fetishes. That being said, if someone is doing something that makes people uncomfortable in a chat, even if others are fine or even encouraging it, then moderators should probably step in and ask for it to be taken to private instead of disrupting others. Perhaps there should be a distinct line between real, extended bigotry on a race or creed and those meant as a fetish, kink, or roleplay context? Then again, that can be somewhat difficult to be pick out.

Posted

This is what I mean about "Within Reasonable acceptance", if it's not meant to be, in any way, offensive, it should be fine. But I don't believe that such fetishes even fall into discrimination, and we wouldn't be randomly speaking of them during the public chatting anyways.

Perhaps I should remake the topic with concise stipulations.

Posted

The line should be drawn at personnal attacks. 

I´m often not happy with things said or done, yet I realize its the konsensus that its just accepted, and not the others but I`M the problem in this situation. 

You can never make it perfect for everybody.

(of course simple logic like not race bashing, being a general bigot and simply acting like a total and utter cunt are still to be kept in mind)

Posted

This is what I mean about "Within Reasonable acceptance", if it's not meant to be, in any way, offensive, it should be fine. But I don't believe that such fetishes even fall into discrimination, and we wouldn't be randomly speaking of them during the public chatting anyways.

Perhaps I should remake the topic with concise stipulations.

I think you've just accidentally identified the issue with having rules like this. You make one rule, then you have to make a rule for the exception to that rule, etc...

Posted

I would say that, yes, discrimination is bad, but should it really be banned? I don't really think so. For one, the reason TSH said, for two, what about jokes? I mean, anybody who is offended by something that's not meant to be taken seriously, that's their problem. But, if somebody's deliberately being a dickwad and being racist and sexist just to be that way and make people feel like shit is bad. However, there's already kinda a rule against being a general dickwad. So, I'd say that making racism and sexism it's own rule would be kinda unnecessary.

Posted

Especially if you get banned from the chat room for criticism.

Posted

This is a rule everyone should follow, Although i think the purpose of this thread is just to start adding rules so everyone knows what's acceptable (Even though this is a very common rule)

I would say that, yes, discrimination is bad, but should it really be banned? I don't really think so. For one, the reason TSH said, for two, what about jokes? I mean, anybody who is offended by something that's not meant to be taken seriously, that's their problem. But, if somebody's deliberately being a dickwad and being racist and sexist just to be that way and make people feel like shit is bad. However, there's already kinda a rule against being a general dickwad. So, I'd say that making racism and sexism it's own rule would be kinda unnecessary.

Once again i think the best way to handle these situations is the three golden punishments (Warn First, Kick Second and ban as the Last possible Option)  Once someone crosses the line we can warn them and get that person to calm down and know the rules, A second offense will result in a kick and if the person is constantly breaking these rules even when they've been told to stop, The last and final punishment is a ban which should only be used once that person leaves no other choice.

Posted

Why not just a "No personal attacks" rule like Cyan suggested? It's the one that makes the most sense to me. I know there's already the "Don't be a dick" rule in place already, but as the site gets more users I think consideration is needed for more specific rules. The biggest problem with this train of thought is that you can never be too specific as not to restrict the freedoms of others on this site and still be an attractive community.

Posted

I would say no in the establishing of these rules.

Posted

Why not just a "No personal attacks" rule like Cyan suggested? It's the one that makes the most sense to me. I know there's already the "Don't be a dick" rule in place already, but as the site gets more users I think consideration is needed for more specific rules. The biggest problem with this train of thought is that you can never be too specific as not to restrict the freedoms of others on this site and still be an attractive community.

No personal attacks seems like a better option. Considering this is a community where sexual kinks play a large role, the rules we create have to be tempered by some understanding of other's kinks. I didn't even think of this proposed rule in a sexual context until smallhorse pointed it out. I think we can all agree that personal attacks have no place in civil discussion, so a decree against them is worthwhile in my eyes. 

Posted

I'm with the neigh-sayers because as a mature oriented room, people should know that mature themes is a thing, the no personal attacks is a much safer option I think. By no means should we allow people to feel uncomfortable, albeit via personal attacks or their kink being against the rules. No personal attacks (should) ensure none of that happens. 

Posted

Might I suggest this thread be closed and we remake the topic as a vote against "Personal attacks" in general instead?

Posted

Does horse-racism count?  'Mud pony', 'horse-fly', etc.

Posted

Does horse-racism count?  'Mud pony', 'horse-fly', etc.

Naw, that'd just be silly. Especially since there's no consensus on what is a "racist" pony term and what is merely play or an affectionate jab.

Posted

Really depends on what you mean by that. If you mean something like "Racism/sexism towards other people in the chat", then I'd agree. If it's something like just saying racial slurs and such for the hell of it but not towards anyone in particular, I'd probably disagree.

Posted

So just a note, this is tied right now. We should have some talk on what way to push this.

Posted

So just a note, this is tied right now. We should have some talk on what way to push this.

Think we already have, and the consensus seems to be in closing this vote and re-phrase the rule to be against personal attacks rather than racial or ethnic slurs.

Posted

Please close this topic. A new thread may be made in the future.